Alan Harris is a Welsh playwright.
-SUGAR BABY (Edinburgh Fringe 2017, Soho Theatre 2018)
– HOW MY LIGHT IS SPENT (winner of the Judges’ Award at the 2015 Bruntwood Prize, produced by the Royal Exchange, Manchester, Sherman Theatre and Theatre By The Lake. Director Liz Stevenson).
– LOVE, LIES AND TAXIDERMY (Paines Plough. Director George Perrin).
– THE OPPORTUNITY OF EFFICIENCY (New National Theatre Tokyo / National Theatre Wales. Director John McGrath)
– A GOOD NIGHT OUT IN THE VALLEYS (the first production of the newly formed National Theatre Wales. Director John McGrath)
– THE FUTURE FOR BEGINNERS (liveartshow / Wales Millennium Centre. Director Martin Constantine)
– THE MAGIC TOYSHOP (Invisible Ink / Theatr Iolo. Director Sita Calvert-Ennals)
– CARDBOARD DAD (Sherman Cymru. Director Juliet Knight)
– MISS BROWN TO YOU (Hijinx Theatre)
– ORANGE (Sgript Cymru. Director Tessa Walker)
He has also written extensively for BBC Radio 3 and Radio 4.
Libretti include: MARSHA: A GIRL WHO DOES BAD THINGS (liveartshow / Arcola Grimeborn Festival), THE HIDDEN VALLEY (Birdsong Opera / Welsh National Opera / Tête à Tête Opera Festival), THE JOURNEY (Welsh National Opera), RHINEGOLD and MANGA SISTER (both liveartshow / The Yard, London).