Ayeesha is currently working with Bend It TV Productions on a series for BBC 1. Her adaptation of the novel SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE won a Gold at the Sony Radio Awards. Her stage play PEREIRA’S BAKERY AT 76 CHAPEL ROAD had a reading at the Royal Court.
BBC AUDIO DRAMA AWARDS 2015
Best series and Best Adaptation (Shortlisted)
THE SEVENTH TEST
BBC AUDIO DRAMA AWARDS 2013
Best series & Best Adaptation (Shortlisted)
THE MUMBAI CHUZZLEWITS
SONY AWARD 2008
Best Drama (Gold)
Q & A (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE)
SONY AWARDS 2007
Best Drama (Bronze)
THE CAIRO TRILOGY
* UNDERCOVER MUMBAI (Series 2), Radio 4, August 2015.
* A FINE BALANCE – adapted from Rohinton Mistry’s novel, Radio 4, April 2015.
* THE SEVENTH TEST – adapted from Vikas Swarup’s “The Accidental Apprentice”, Radio 4, 2014.
* UNDERCOVER MUMBAI (Series 1), Radio 4, September 2013.
* THE MUMBAI CHUZZLEWITS, adapted from Dickens’ “Martin Chuzzlewit”. Radio 4, January 2012.
“…a dazzling transposition of Dickens across centuries and continents…” Gillian Reynolds The Telegraph
“Sound recordings on location give this version of Dickens a rich and vivid texture that matches Menon’s crisp, involving writing. It’s the sort of adaptation that makes you want to re-read the original while enjoying its ingenious difference.” Elisabeth Mahoney, The Guardian
* SIX SUSPECTS adapted from Vikas Swarup’s novel, Radio 4.
* MY NAME IS RED, adapted from Orhan Pamuk’s novel, Radio 4.
“…The best Classic Serial in ages…Somehow, a complex story about art, murder, love and danger at the Sultan’s court in 16th-century Turkey materialised out of the air….” – Gillian Reynolds, The Telegraph
* Q&A (Slumdog Millionaire), adapted from Vikas Swarup’s novel, Radio 4, 2007
* THE CAIRO TRILOGY, starring Omar Sharif. Adapted from Naguib Mahfouz’s novels, BBC Radio 4, 2006.
“So far, reviews have been dazzling with some critics calling it one of the best dramas ever made.” Joseph Fahim, The Daily News, Egypt.
* “That’s What People Say”, Monologue for Indian stage show ONE ON ONE.
* PEREIRA’S BAKERY AT 76 CHAPEL ROAD, Stage play, Developed by The Royal Court. Performed in Mumbai. Rehearsed reading performed at the Royal Court, November 2012. Performed at The Curve Theatre, Leicester, April 2014.
* PUNCH-A-TANTRA (Children’s musical theatre play), ran for six years in Mumbai. Traveled all over India, toured England and Spain. Translated to Hindi & Marathi.
* THE WHITE ELEPHANT (Feature film), developed at BINGER FILMLAB, Amsterdam. UK Premiere at the London Indian Film Festival, 2011.
* Developed and presented DICKENS & INDIA: MUTUAL FRIENDS (Documentary),BBC World Service, January 2012.
* Script Editor & Supervisor on LAND GOLD WOMAN (Multi-award winning Feature film)