Tabitha is a playwright whose work has been performed at venues across the UK including The Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol Old Vic, The New Wimbledon Studio, Theatre 503, Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and The Park.
Her previous play Beacons ran at the Park and picked up nominations for three Off West end Awards including Most Promising New Playwright, Best New Play and Best Male Actor at the Off West End Awards. Her first play Billy Through the Window was shortlisted for the Brighton Fringe Excellence Award.
As well as creating her own work, she writes alongside Bellow Theatre (associate artist at Hull Truck), a company she co-founded in 2013.
Park 90 with Attic Theatre Company, dir. Philip Wilson
22nd March – 16th April 2016
Nominated for 3 Off West End Awards: Most Promising New Playwright, Best New Play and Best Male Actor.
Press for Beacons:
• “…this tragicomic and very touching three-hander by the new writer Tabitha Mortiboy is a little gem.” ★ ★ ★ ★ (The Times)
• “Understated and warm-hearted piece from a promising new writer” ★ ★ ★ ★ (The Stage)
• “Mortiboy is definitely a writer to watch out for.” ★ ★ ★ ★ (The Gay UK)
BILLY THROUGH THE WINDOW
Theatre 503/Underbelly Theatre
Bellow Theatre Company
Shortlisted for the Brighton Fringe Excellence Award
Press for Billy Through The Window:
• “a rare and innovative piece of new writing…heart-wrenching … as poignant as it is beautiful” ★ ★ ★ ★ (Broadway Baby)
• ‘Crafted with care and beautifully performed’ (The Scotsman)
• ‘The brilliance of the play lies in its affecting, immersive claustrophobia, as the tender, autumnal beauty of the hideaway fades into feverish horror.’ (Three Weeks)
© Copyright The Agency (London) Ltd. 2019
Not to be reproduced in any form without permission of the Copyright holder.