Tabitha is a playwright whose work has been performed at venues across the UK including Bristol Old Vic, Theatre 503, The Wardrobe Theatre, Underbelly and The Park. Her most recent script, Daffy Grod and the Shaking Lights was shortlisted for the 2019 Papatango Prize.
Her latest production, The Amber Trap ran at Theatre 503 in April and May 2019, directed by Hannah Hauer-King and produced by Damsel.
Her previous play Beacons ran at the Park and picked up nominations for three Off West End Awards including Best New Play and Most Promising New Playwright. Her first play Billy Through the Window was shortlisted for the Brighton Fringe Excellence Award.
THE AMBER TRAP
Theatre 503, Damsel Productions, dir. Hannah Hauer-King
April – May 2019
• ‘An impressive, groundbreaking show’ (Lyn Gardner, The Stage)
• ‘Tabitha Mortiboy has an eye for quirky detail and a light comic touch’ (The Guardian)
• ‘The Amber Trap gets something absolutely, succinctly right.’ (Exeunt Magazine)
• ‘Original, disturbing and rather brilliant.’ (Once a Week Theatre)
Park 90, Attic Theatre Company, dir. Philip Wilson
March – April 2016
• ‘This tragicomic and very touching three-hander by the new writer Tabitha Mortiboy is a
little gem.’ ★ ★ ★ ★ (The Times)
• ‘Understated and warm-hearted piece from a promising new writer’ ★ ★ ★ ★ (The
• ‘Mortiboy is definitely a writer to watch out for.’ ★ ★ ★ ★ (The Gay UK)
BILLY THROUGH THE WINDOW
Underbelly Theatre, Bellow Theatre Company, dir. Maureen Lennon
• ‘A rare and innovative piece of new writing … as poignant as it is beautiful’ ★ ★ ★ ★
• ‘Crafted with care and beautifully performed’ (The Scotsman)
© Copyright The Agency (London) Ltd. 2019
Not to be reproduced in any form without permission of the Copyright holder.