Ian Iqbal Rashid
Ian was born in Dar-es-Salaam, grew up in Toronto and now lives in London.
- ORIGINAL PILOT, Sienna Films and major SVOD.
- SORT OF, HBO Max and CBC. Co-Executive Producer and Writer.
- THE HERO GAME, contemporary original series with Sienna Films, Toronto & CBC Canada
- HEARTFIELD, original series with Sienna Films, Toronto and NoHo Productions London.
- 1001 MIDNIGHTS, contemporary original YA series with Red Arrow London.
Previous Feature Films
- HOW SHE MOVE, a feature film directed by Ian for Sienna Films, Toronto, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and opened widely in the US to great reviews via Paramount Vantage and MTV.
- A TOUCH OF PINK written and directed by Ian for Martin Pope Productions and Sienna Films, Toronto, starring Jimi Mistry and Kyle McLachlan. Premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and acquired by Sony Picture Classics for US and international distribution.
Previous Short Films
- STAG, funded by the BBC for the series 8 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER which Ian wrote and directed
- SURVIVING SABU, funded by the Arts Council which Ian wrote and directed
Ian is an honouree of the Film Council’s Breakthrough Brits programme.
Ian started his career as a writer on the the series THIS LIFE (World Productions), broadcast on BBC 2. He is the author of 3 volumes of poetry and reviews films and literature regularly: his criticism has appeared in many publications including Wide Angle, Afterimage, Paris Review, Canadian Literature, FUSE, and Rungh, and on TV Ontario’s Imprint and BBC Radio 4’s KALEIDOSCOPE. He has also curated film exhibitions and programmes for festivals and galleries around the world including Experimenta, MIX Brasil, The Museum of Modern Art, The ICA London, the NFT, and the Commonwealth Games Cultural Festival (Victoria, Canada).
© Copyright The Agency (London) Ltd.
Call Julia to discuss Ian or other
Directors & Writers
+44 (0)20 7467 0119