Lucy Wadham is a novelist, non-fiction author and screenwriter who lives between France and the UK. She is published by Faber and Penguin. Julia Kreitman represents her for her Film, Television and Theatre.
Lucy’s experiences working in France as an investigative journalist have provided the material for much of her work.
TV in Development
– UNTITLED, Investigative Drama, original series development (Carnival Films)
– Entente Cordiale, original series development (Silverprint Pictures / ITV Studios)
– 123 King’s Road (eOne), drama series co-written with her sister, Rose Wadham, is a black comedy loosely based on their childhood growing up off the King’s Road when punk was in full bloom. It won the C21 Screenwriting Award for best pilot.
– Historical Drama Series, (Gurinder Chadha/ Bend It Networks/ BBC). Pilot and Bible commissioned.
– Black Flag. Original thriller series pilot. (Red Production Company)
Lost (Faber). This thriller set on Corsica in the world of organised crime and separatist politics was shortlisted for the Golden Dagger Award for crime fiction.
Castro’s Dream (Faber)
Greater Love (Faber)
The Secret Life of France (Faber) National bestseller list.
Heads and Straights (Penguin)
Theatre & Opera
In 2015, Lucy won the Prix des Spectateurs at the Paris des Femmes Festival for her first play, Parfaite. She has also written for operas including a libretto for Mariame Clément’s Fairy Queen by Purcell at the Theater an der Wien in Vienna.
She is currently commissioned by Glyndebourne for a new opera, working with Mariame Clément.